Re: Backup

Hi Roman,

Roman Meier schreef op do 20-02-2020 om 08:25 [+0100]:
> Hi folks,
>
> After having lost some data I have started to read more about the backup
> feature included in Debian Edu.
>
> The backups on our server seem to run just fine according to the status
> page of slbackup.php. However, menuitems "Restore" and "Maintenance" give
> no options to choose from. Why?

Most likely your /etc/slbackup/slbackup.conf configuration file lay-out is
the reason why.

> I also wonder about the "Config" page. Fields under "Server config" are
> filled but none are set in "Client config". I don't actually understand
> the difference between the 2 sections. I couldn't find any documentation.

The package comes with an example configuration file. Take a look at
/usr/share/doc/slbackup/examples/slbackup-server+ltsp.conf
and compare it to your own /etc/slbackup/slbackup.conf configuration file.

The slbackup system is an ordinary client server system.
The main server tjener runs the back up service and thus acts as the
slbackup server.
Machines that have some files and directories backed up are clients. Since
also files and directories of tjener are backed up by the slbackup service,
tjener is in this respect the backup client. If you have other machines in
your network that are backed up, they also are clients.

--
Kind regards,
Frans Spiesschaert