Time to drop Weblate (Was: The Norwegian Bokmål translation team move from Transifex to Weblate)

[Petter Reinholdtsen 2016-10-14]
> Weblate uses git internally, and I hope to be able to use git merge to
> update the translations.  This is yet untested for this repo, so we
> will see how it goes. :)

Now we know how it went.  There has been steady oppisition to using the
web based translation editor since before the weblate project was
created, and I fail to see the upside for my part to being included in
that conflict.  Luckily the Norwegian translation is almost 100%, so the
starting point for the future is good.

Anyway, some background for the change, from IRC today:

<h01ger> pere: please get the zh_Hant translators to add themselves to
         $wiki/CopyRight
<pere> h01ger: how did you think that should happen?  I have no contact
         with them besides the emails on the list.

<h01ger> no idea then
<h01ger> no other idea then
<h01ger> use the list
<h01ger> without a copyright notice, we cannot distribute their
         work. the way to get d-e-doc's d/copyright updated, is via
         adding it to $wiki/CopyRight
<pere> you want me to send an email to a translator and tell him you
       asked me to get him to update the wiki?
<h01ger> pere: you can also update those wiki pages
<pere> you lost me here.  why do you involve me, instead of talking
       directly to the translator?
<h01ger> pere: you seem to think adding translations via weblate comes
         with no costs (=no additional work). this is not true. please
         take some responsibility for the work caused by that work
<pere> right.  I'll shut down the weblate project, then.  I do not want
       to take the role of coordinating translators.
* h01ger sighs
<h01ger> maybe you can find somebody else to do it instead?
<pere> maybe.  I have no interest in fighting over the issue, I barely
       have time to run 'git pull' once in a while.
<pere> but I am not going to spend time on it, it is quicker to just
       conclude that the opposition is present and I do not want to
       spend more time on it.

I've locked down the weblate project now (ie no-one will be able to add
or update translations there any more) to make sure no more sync-ing
between the git repos are needed, and unless someone show up to take
over the responsibility of synchronizing between weblate and salsa
before Friday 2019-02-15, I'll ask the Weblate admin to remove/drop the
debian-edu-documentation project from Weblate.

Heaps of other stuff to translate there, so we will not become idle. :)
you are curious.

--
Happy hacking