Re: Mobile Device Management

Hi Martin.

On Tue, Nov 21, 2017 at 09:58:11PM +0100, Martin Schulte wrote:
> we are thinking about "Bring your own device" (BYOD) for our students.
> Has someone experiences with mobile device management (mdm) for this
> task?

Only in parts and almost 10 years ago: Allow wifi access only via WPA2
Enterprise (uid/password, Freeradius), run a transparent proxy on the
gateway, run a traffic shaping tool (like wondershaper) there, too.
No fun, anyway.

> Also interesting for me is classroom management software (sth. like
> veyone/itlac). Has someone advices and experiences with this software?

You might find Epoptes useful (Linux clients only - as opposed to iTALC
and Veyon); see the manual:
https://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Documentation/Stretch/HowTo/TeachAndLearn#Monitoring_pupils
German translation:
https://jenkins.debian.net/userContent/debian-edu-doc/debian-edu-doc-de/debian-edu-stretch-manual.html#TeachAndLearn--Monitoring_pupils

Please be aware of privacy; see the thread starting with this message:
https://lists.debian.org/debian-edu/2017/11/msg00038.html

IIRC, Skolelinux Rhineland-Palatinate (Rheinland-Pfalz) had to patch
iTALC to be compliant with German law.

Wolfgang