Re: How to prevent automatic deletion of apt cache upon server reboot?

> Especially in the test phase it would really help me if DebianEdu wouldn?t
> delete the cache anytime I restart the server.
>
> This causes so much delay since packages have to be downloaded again and
> again. Sometimes, our internet connection is really bad.
>
> How can I prevent DebianEdu to do this?

Hi folks,

I did more research and I believe some of my statements are simply wrong.
Sorry for this!

It appears that cached files in /var/cache/apt/archives are not deleted
upon restart of the server. In my case they were rather deleted by the
script that I used to create a new chroot, which is 'debian-edu-ltsp
--arch i386'.

It also appears that the downloaded files do not show in
/var/cache/apt/archives anymore but they are still available even after
rebooting the server. This is kind of a mystery to me.

I was assuming that if the files in the cache folder are gone, then the
build process would need to download the files again. However, this is not
happening. Has squid something to do with this?

Kind regards,
Roman