Re: Configuration settings of wicd daemon when adding lxde desktop environment on server

> roman.meier@gismap.ch schreef op wo 01-11-2017 om 12:16 [+0100]:
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> When adding lxde manually to the server Iâ??m getting a configuration
>> box of
>> wicd-daemon asking which users to add to the netdev group.
>>
>> Options are the following:
>> -Administrator
>> -mm (a teacher user I have added)
>> -newstudent
>> -newtacher
>> -roman (first user)
>>
>> What options do I need to tick here?
>
> Quoting https://wiki.debian.org/SystemGroups:
> "netdev: Members of this group can manage network interfaces through
> the network manager and wicd."
>
> So normally no one has to be added.

Hi Frans,

I?m not sure. I?m facing issues after doing this. I kind of suspect that I
should have added all users. Upon logging in with any user incl. new users
I get the following message:

Unable to contact the Wicd daemon due to an access denied error from DBus.
Please check that your user is in the netdev group.

Kind regards,
Roman