Re: Spreading the word - what has been done?

On Mon, Jun 19, 2017 at 09:25:51AM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> According to <URL: https://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/ReleaseNotes >, a
> new Debian Edu version should be announced on
>
>  * debian-edu at lists.debian.org
>  * debian-edu-announce at lists.debian.org
>  * debian-devel-announce at lists.debian.org
>  * linuxiskolen at skolelinux.no
>  * distro at distrowatch.com
>  * admin-discuss at skolelinux.org
>  * debian-edu-german at lists.debian.org
>  * bruker at skolelinux.no
>  * debian-edu-french at lists.debian.org
>  * styret at friprogramvareiskolen.no
>  * press at debian.org
>  * debian-publicity at lists.debian.org
>
> I've so far only seen it on debian-announce@.  Did someone send it to
> these other lists and it did not get through yet?  Almost no-one of the
> people I've talked to have noticed that a new version is released, and
> several of them are subscribed to the lists above.

IMO a mail should go to some of them; the above list should be adjusted.
See: https://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/ReleaseNotes/Stretch

This time the workflow was a bit different; the Debian Edu 9 release has
been announced by the publicity team just like the Debian 9 one; see the
announcements overview:

https://www.debian.org/News/

And the Edu announcement translated to (vi), (de), (fr)
and (nl):

https://www.debian.org/News/2017/20170618

And it has been published by the Debian publicity team as micronews to
be propagated to social networks (I'm not familiar with those):

https://micronews.debian.org/

It's already on distrowatch (top news atm):

http://distrowatch.com/?newsid=09867

(I'll send a mail to: debian-edu-german at lists.debian.org)

Wolfgang