Re: Exim configuration in Stretch

On Sun, May 14, 2017 at 10:20:24AM +0000, Holger Levsen wrote:
> On Sun, May 14, 2017 at 12:09:59PM +0200, Wolfgang Schweer wrote:
> > There's another issue: the Kerberos / GSSAPI environment is broken due
> > to a security fix for exim4 (March 2016). Both mentioned issues affect
> > Jessie as well.
>
> ouch.
>
> OTOH, I guess this means we dont have many jessie users using our mail setup
> as it is out of the box.

I just looked it up: Wheezy is affected by the CVE fix as well (exim4
4.80-7+deb7u4, wheezy-security) but noone reported problems…

> that said, I still think we should fix jessie asap.

Yes. And IMO we should ship a NEWS file containing information about the
changes and how to cope with them. I believe we should do this each time
d-e-c is upgraded for STABLE and OLDSTABLE.

Wolfgang