Stretch default desktop

hi,

so according to https://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Status/Stretch our
current stretch default desktop is Mate, and Mate is only 63% translated to
Norwegian Nynorsk in Stretch and according to Mike this (translation status)
is not gonna change.

So what shall we do?

a.) keep mate as default and live with that incomplete nynorsk
    translation?

b.) switch default desktop? to what: kde plasma as it was before, but
    ressource consumptions might be too high. or xfce? gnome? lxde?

And, am I correctly assuming this switch only affects our CD image
generation tools but not any packaging, except that we need to document
whatever we do in debian-edu-doc?

--
cheers,
	Holger