Re: Iceweasel & netbock

On Sat, Jun 11, 2016 at 08:36:27AM +0200, Giorgio Pioda wrote:
> Hi,
>
> on Jessie server/ws-client setup,
>
> for some obscure reasons activating the netblock
> and simultaneoulsy switching of squid3 still allows
> the pupils to use iceweasel for outgoing traffic.
>
> Instead of this, chromium get blocked correctly.
>
> I had to quick uninstall iceweasel/firefox-esr
> just before practical examinations.
>
> Regards
> --
> Giorgio Pioda - Sysadmin SPSE-Tenero
> Cell +41 79 629 20 63
> Tel  +41 58 468 62 48

Replying to myself.

I probably got the bug, related to the subnet change tool.

in /usr/sbin/debian-edu-update-netblock the internal
network is whitelisted as 10.0.0.0/8 but this is the generic
value of a fresh Skolelinux before the subnet change script.

In my case I should have 10.164.88.0/23. Probably
some other proxy on the very large 10.0.0.0 school
network (all schools are inside it) does the proxy work.

Regards

Giorgio