Re: d-e-a introduces trigger cycles

On Tue, Dec 20, 2016 at 03:28:43PM +0000, Holger Levsen wrote:
> These problems could be fixed by either letting A no longer depend on C or by
> switching triggers to their -noawait variants.

So we should replace all 'interest' occurencies in
d-e-a-(softwaves|lines|spacefun).triggers files with 'interest-noawait'
to avoid this possible cycle.

The triggers have been introduced to solve an ordering problem just
in case desktop-base is configured after debian-edu-artwork and the
problem to make d-e-a-softwaves the default upon upgrades (ensure a
determined state in case several d-e-a themes got installed in jessie).

Another solution might be to drop the theme packages completely and ship
everything in d-e-a like desktop-base is doing it. Then use
update-alternatives to set the active theme. I figure this approach
would be a lot of work.

Wolfgang