Re: [debian-edu-commits] [Debian Wiki] Update of "DebianEdu/Status/Stretch" by WolfgangSchweer

On Mon, Oct 31, 2016 at 08:04:53PM +0000, Holger Levsen wrote:
> > After checking again: dbus-x11 is installed (audaciuos depends on it).
> > So I was wrong as far as the reason is concerned.
>
> hmm (& thanks for checking), maybe we should file a bug to track this
> lost feature? I think it's a rather frequently used feature for some
> people, eg admins…

Yes; but maybe we could just wait, as this issue seems to be related to
a sort of transition (avoid dbus-x11 dependency); see

Currently, these installed packages still depend on dbus-x11:

mate-screensaver
kdelibs5-plugins
libunique-3.0-0
audacious
mate-session-manager
mate-power-manager

The error message appearing when trying to login on a thin client as the
same user already logged in on the related LTSP server:

Could not acquire name on session bus

Wolfgang