possible bug changing user password in gosa?

Hi all

We're still using wheezy, and I noticed a problem that looks to me a bug in main.php from the gosa package...

I wanted to change my daughter's password and logged her into gosa, she couldn't change her password due to "Cannot change samba password hash", or some such phrase. Meanwhile I figured out the apache log saying:

192.168.0.45 - - [05/Sep/2016:17:06:25 +0200] "POST /gosa/main.php?plug=1 HTTP/1.1" 200 4333 "https://www/gosa/main.php?plug=1"; "Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; rv:45.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/45.0"

And in the error.log:
[Mon Sep 05 17:05:36 2016] [notice] Apache/2.2.22 (Debian) mod_auth_kerb/5.4 PHP/5.4.45-0+deb7u4 mod_ssl/2.2.22 OpenSSL/1.0.1e configured -- resuming normal operations
syntax error at -e line 1, near "=)"

So it looks like there's a bug in main.php or something called from there... (Looks to me not unlike a sed syntax error)

I also tried to set the password from my administrator login to gosa, but the same problem occurs.

I'm wondering if this is a real bug or something that got misconfigured along the way... Can anyone confirm this problem? Or perhaps somewhere to look for a solution?

Cheers

Simon

PS, CC to Gerben, to check whether this might have something to do with attempts to enable overlays in ldap for owncloud...