Re: Shared folder for diskless workstations

Hi,

That worked very well.

I just made a shared partition mounted on /videos

Thanks a lot

Regards,

UDAY

On 01-Feb-2016 10:13 pm, "Wolfgang Schweer" <wschweer@arcor.de> wrote:
On Mon, Feb 01, 2016 at 09:41:21PM +0530, uday bhatye wrote:

> I Need to let students listen to videos on diskless workstations so that
> playing them on thin clients can be avoided.
>
> My problem is how can I provide a shared folder to all on a diskless
> workstation?

(out of my head, the setup might need tweaking)

The directory with the content has to be on the
LTSP server side (not inside LTSP chroot).

It has to be made available during runtime via sshfs for the current
user inside of the LTSP client system. It has to be listed in
/opt/ltsp/i386/etc/lts.conf to make this possible.

Just as an example:

On the server side (with appropriate rights):
mkdir /videos; add content.

Create /opt/ltsp/i386/videos as well.

In /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/lts.conf add this line:
LOCAL_APPS_EXTRAMOUNTS=/videos

It will be easier for the users to find the shared folder if you create
a link in each user's home dir like 'ln -s /videos Videos'.

Wolfgang