Re: Google Chrome and Skolelinux 7

Hi,

>after updating our system we aren't able to use Google Chrome. When
>starting the browser via double-clicking the program icon or typing
>google-chrome-stable from the run window, nothing happens. Before
>updating the browser works fine
>What can I try to solve this problem?

Please remove Google Chrome from the system. There is no reason to use it.

Google Chrome has proven privacy issues. It is known to submit private data to Google, and to ship hidden code that can be used for eavesdropping.

As a person in charge of minors, you should by all means not impose these risks on them. You shouldn't do so with adults, but even less with children.

Use iceweasel, or, if you need one of the very rare good features of Chromium, use Chromium.

This is serious.

Thanks,
Nik
--
PGP-Fingerprint: 3C9D 54A4 7575 C026 FB17 FD26 B79A 3C16 A0C4 F296

Dominik George · Mobil: +49-151-61623918

Teckids e.V. · FrOSCon e.V. · OpenRheinRuhr e.V.
Fellowship of the FSFE · Piratenpartei Deutschland
Opencaching Deutschland e.V. · Debian Contributor

LPIC-3 Linux Enterprise Professional (Security)