setting language preference/presetting iceweasel

Hi

While fixing the template, I also set the preferred language setting (to nl_NL). So the newer accounts have this.

I tried to manually update the older accounts with this using ldapvi, but I didn't get to accept the changes:

ldap_modify: Confidentiality required (13)
        additional info: confidentiality required for update

Do I need to configure something in the sldap.conf or similar?

see also: http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-software/200709/msg00176.html
(I found several occurrances of ssf in /etc/ldap/slapd.conf)

Alternatively, is there an easy way in gosa to do the same mass update?

And just for confirmation of my assumption, will this affect the language of e.g. libreoffice, iceweasel, etc?

Which also brings me to my second question... Can I mass configure programs like iceweasel, e.g. with plugins like adblock, ghostery, for each user? I figure bookmarks can be copied over to each account, but settings and plugins are much less trivial with iceweasel.

Cheers

Simon

PS, I know I have lots of questions, but the children are really enjoying debian-edu :-) and I want to fix all the niggles before giving a true introduction to using it...