Re: dhcp broken on 192.168.0 side

On Mon, Aug 31, 2015 at 12:03:14PM +0200, Simon Oosthoek wrote:
> On 31/08/15 11:53, Wolfgang Schweer wrote:
> >On Mon, Aug 31, 2015 at 11:10:14AM +0200, Simon Oosthoek wrote:
> >>
> >>we've noticed a problem, since we started to seriously try to use diskless
> >>workstation mode (we used thin client mode earlier due to network
> >>performance problems).

I'm wondering if you changed something to achieve this. By default an
LTSP client will be a diskless ws if is has enough RAM (about 320 MB),
see manual.

> the only modification I made to lts.conf is a config for a printer attached
> to a thin client/workstation on the 192.168 network, which works now.

So login is via LDM (showing 'LTSP Client Login')?

> (I'm unable to get root on the diskless workstation, so I've no way of
> adding the route myself to test this)

On tjener execute: 'ltsp-chroot passwd'. Then restart the LTSP client.

> What options are there to fix the default route in dhcp? Can I do this
> in gosa?

It should work without any changes needed so something must be different
in your setup.

Wolfgang