Re: Very serious (RC blocking ?) GOsa-LDAP inconsistencies about netgroups

Hi all,

On  Mo 06 Jul 2015 13:06:53 CEST, Wolfgang Schweer wrote:

On Sat, Jul 04, 2015 at 03:43:59PM +0200, Wolfgang Schweer wrote:
On Sat, Jul 04, 2015 at 03:27:40PM +0200, Giorgio Pioda wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 04, 2015 at 03:18:21PM +0200, Wolfgang Schweer wrote:
> > On Sat, Jul 04, 2015 at 12:32:41PM +0200, Giorgio Pioda wrote:
> > >
> > > 4) Triing to delete and reinsert the workstation-hosts groups
> > >    via GOsa menu is buggy.
> > >    It is impossible to remove the netgroup ownnership only.
> >
> > Confirmed. But it is possible to remove a ws from a netgroup by editing
> > the list entry (like 'workstation-hosts') via GOsa/Nis Netgroups - no
> > need to change the LDAP data base directly using ldapvi.
>
> It is only apparent. Not eliminated really! Check end result with ldapvi.

I've checked it once more after deleting a ws via GOsa/Systems: both
triple entries still in LDAP. Then after deleting the entry of the just
deleted ws in 'workstation-hosts' via Gosa/Nis Netgroups (and Apply or
some such) both triples are gone in LDAP.

Just for the record: it's nothing new, netgroups not updated in Wheezy
as well after deleting (or renaming) a ws belonging to one ore more
netgroups. Should go into the manual, I guess.

Wolfgang

I plan to look into this issue (and the other netgroup plugin bug) in the course of a Debian Edu deployment at a new customer's site and dist-upgrades of our Debian Edu squeeze customers.

Mike
--

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby