Re: multiple "first" users?

Hi.

On Mon, Jul 20, 2015 at 09:05:42PM +0200, Simon Oosthoek wrote:

> At the school, I'm not the only one doing administration and I'd like my
> fellow admins to have exactly the same access and permissions as I have as
> the "first" user.
>
> At least they should have
> - gosa admin (they have)
> - sudo (they don't have this)
>
> What ldap group is needed for sudo permissions?

As far as I know, there's no such group. Use GOsa²/main menu/sudo role.

Add a sudo role for each fellow admin (take the existing one for the
first user as an example).

> And is there a way to manage cups without the root password?

Edit /etc/cups/cups-files.conf: add a group to the line containing
SystemGroup lpadmin

Maybe:
SystemGroup lpadmin gosa-admins

Wolfgang