Re: Again netgroup problems

On Sun, Jul 05, 2015 at 12:35:57PM +0200, Giorgio Pioda wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 05, 2015 at 12:28:00PM +0200, Andreas B. Mundt wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Sun, Jul 05, 2015 at 11:40:36AM +0200, Giorgio Pioda wrote:
> >
> > > I can confirm a boot race condition (IIRC somebody talked six
> > > months ago about autofs/systemd issues in this mailing list)
> > >
> > > Restarting manually the sercvices in the (more or less correct)
> > > order on tjener:
> > >
> > > 1) nscd & nslcd
> > > 2) nfs-common nfs-kernel
> > > 3) autofs
> > >
> > > Fixes WS login
> > >
> > > I guess some careful upstream check is really needed
> >
> > Perhaps <URL:https://bugs.debian.org/759544>?
> >
> > It's probably still an issue in stable.
>
> Yes, this is it, I guess.
>
> Not 1 in 5 reboot, probably 4 on 5.
>
> Tomorrow I'll reboot and see if it get stuck again.

In a VirtualBox test environment (combined server, gateway, workstation
and in addition five diskless workstations which are forced to use KDM and
NFS by setting DEFAULT_DISPLAY_MANAGER=/usr/bin/kdm in lts.conf) I've
rebooted the main server 7 times; logging into randomly chosen
workstations was successful each time.

As reported, I've disabled nscd netgroup caching. This might serve as a
workaround until a real fix for the problem is available.

On tjener:
service nscd stop
rm /var/cache/nscd/netgroup
sed -i '/netgroup/ s/yes/no/' /etc/nscd.conf
service nscd start
service nslcd restart
service nfs-kernel-server restart

Wolfgang