Debian Edu Beta 1 on Jessie Release Date: 2015-04-25

Hi,

I'm sure you've seen the preliminary Jessie release date announcement on
https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2015/03/msg00016.html which I'm
quoting here partly for those who haven't:

On Dienstag, 31. März 2015, Niels Thykier wrote:
> Jessie Release
> ==============
>
> We now have a target release date of Saturday the 25th of April. We
> have checked with core teams, and this seems to be acceptable for
> everyone.  This means we are able to begin the final preparations for
> a release of Debian 8 - "Jessie".
>
> The intention is only to lift the date if something really critical
> pops up that is not possible to handle as an errata, or if we end up
> technically unable to release that weekend.
>
> Please keep in mind that we intend to have a quiet period from
> Saturday the 18th of April.  Bug fixes must be *in Jessie* before
> then.

Which made me think:

- we should release Debian Edu 8 Jessie Beta1 on the 25th of April 2015,
together with the release of Debian Edu 8.
- we should aim to release Debian Edu 8 Jessie whenever Debian Jessie 8.1 is
released, providing this date is suitable to us and we're confident of our
release, of course! (A week later so we can base our final images on 8.1)
- are we (Debian Edu) up to this challenge? There's actually not that much to
do, it's mostly testing images + updates, reporting back and writing up the
release announcement, plus some last minute translations to the manual... I
think we can (+should!) do it!

I plan to go through the (few) changes (as per BTS) for debian-edu(|-install|-
config) and debian-edu-doc and will followup with uploads and unblock requests
shortly.

An upload of debian-edu-doc should happen on the 13th or 14th of April, please
try to update your Jessie manual translations til then.

If you know of any issues affecting Debian Edu jessie, please update
https://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Status/Jessie

Thanks for reading this far & for your contributions to Debian Edu!

cheers,
	Holger