Re: cups client printers autodetect fails

On Wed, Jul 08, 2015 at 01:09:59PM +0200, Giorgio Pioda wrote:

> in wheezy I configured all the printers on tjener and
> setting the BrowseAddress to 10.164.89.255 for my 10.164.88.0/23
> the queues where published to the WS clients automagically.
>
> Same on jessie doesn't work. Did change some basic behaviour in cups?

There were changes from wheezy to jessie, but last time I tested during
development (maybe months ago) client printing worked out of the box.

Checked once again.

After setting up a printer called 'hp' on tjener it shows up on the
client at once, but with a strange, wrong URI:

device for samsung: ipps://tjener.local:631/printers/hp

Will have to find out why .local is appended. Once adjusted on the client
(tjener.local replaced with tjener), printing works.

Wolfgang