Re: [debian-edu-commits] [Debian Wiki] Update of "DebianEdu/ReleaseNotes/Jessie" by WolfgangSchweer

On Wed, Nov 12, 2014 at 03:43:13PM +0100, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [Holger Levsen]
> > leave it unconfigured for jessie. for jessie+1/stretch we will see
> > whether we'll manage to fix it. it's also not like there is one
> > standard way to configure printing...
>
> We need to ensure printers will work when added using the web
> interface, and that the administrator do not eed to edit files on the
> machines on the net work printing to work.  How do we make that
> happen?  If that can't be done without configuring cups, we need to
> configure cups.

With cups 1.7.5-7 reverting the former systemd related change
(introducing cupsd-listen.conf) nothing has changed compared to wheezy.
So if we leave the cups configuration as it is now everything is
supposed to work like in wheezy.

Wolfgang