Re: Jessie installation working again

[Petter Reinholdtsen]
> Here is a quick update on the roaming workstation.
>
> I testet this right now with all the latest fixes in place in Jessie,
> but could not log in after the installation.   The boot hang is gone,
> and the login prompt showed up as it should. :)
>
> The login problem is caused by network-manager changing default
> behavior.  It will no longer automatically connect to eth0 when it is
> plugged in.  A fix is to apply this patch to /etc:

This fix is now available in testing/jessie, but another problem with
lilypond-doc (bug #758787) fixed in unstable but not yet propagated to
testing block installation of the workstation packages in testing.  Once
this last issue is fixed, and unless something new show up, I expect
Roaming Workstation to limp along and work somehow in Jessie.  We should
then be able to test the different desktop configurations. :)

The Main Server install is also working quite well, but a bug in
sitesummary/apache2/apt (bug #760084 and friends) causes a installation
failure.  I disabled the automatic apaches setup in the sitesummary
package to get the Main Server install limping along.  The fix should be
in testing tomorrow.  When it is in testing, most of Kerberos, LDAP and
Samba should be working, and the Main Server should be testable
again. :)

Please give it a go. :)

--
Happy hacking