Re: Dutch translation effort for debian-edu-doc: two questions

[Frans Spiesschaert]
> Dear all,
>
> A few weeks ago I uploaded a Dutch translation of the
> debian-edu-wheezy-manual as whishlist bug #742823 against
> Package: debian-edu-doc.
> (https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=742823)

Ah, and no-one found time to commit it to git.  I'll see what I can do
tomorrow, if no-one beat me to it.  Very glad you keep poking us. :)

> Now that a Long term support for Debian 6.0 has been
> announced (http://www.debian.org/News/2014/20140424) today,
> I wonder if it would make sense to still translate the
> squeeze manual into Dutch (in view of a terminating
> security support on 31 May I wasn't intending to do so).

I believe it only make sense to translate the Wheezy manual.  If you
want to translate more, translate the user software (KDE, Iceweasel,
LibreOffice, vlc, debian-installer, etc, etc).

> The git-repo of debian-edu-doc also has pot files for the rosegarden
> manual and the audacity manual. But since these manuals are based on
> program versions from the Debian Edu Etch 3.0 release, I suppose
> they are really obsolete and translating them doesn't make much
> sense. Or am I wrong?

As far as I know, the rosegarden is still valid.  No idea about the
audacity manual.
--
Happy hacking