Re: [ftpmaster] debian-edu-archive-keyring_2014.02.27_amd64.changes REJECTED

Hi Holger,

On  Sa 05 Apr 2014 14:15:20 CEST, Holger Levsen wrote:

Hi,

On Sonntag, 30. März 2014, Mike Gabriel wrote:
You may have simply missed this post.(?):
https://lists.skolelinux.org/pipermail/ftpmaster/2014-February/007493.html

I think I have, apologies for that.

Accepted!

> I'm firmly convinced we should get rid of our own archive for
> jessie, not even use it for developing. The Debian model of unstable
> and testing works well for that much bigger project and the
> development of Debian Edu is - by far - not as vibrant as it used to
> be anymore, so as running and maintaining our own archive has costs,
> which I would rather like to invest in our software, Debian Edu, and
> not in a pointless piece of infrastucture which exists elsewhere too
> and better maintained.
Sorry, I disagree here completely.

Sorry, I'm not interested to discuss this here in this thread anymore. I will
resign from all my Debian Edu duties shortly. Stayed tuned for my farewell
mail.

For the record: Holger and I have talked/chatted on IRC privately for a while today. I guess the original concerns about me uploading debian-edu-archive-keyring to Debian unstable without waiting for his feedback while being offline (which happens exceptionally rare) is kind of settled (at least I got what his concerns were/are)

Let me already say here: thanks for all the work you contributed to this project. It wouldn't be as close to Debian as it currently is. It wouldn't be where it is today, at all.

light+love,
Mike

--

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM