Re: Building computer classroom with skolelinux

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I did read the NetworkClients document and browsed the whole manual list.  Just that I still didn't quite understand about building up the whole environment.
Because we need to borrow a real computer classroom from a school to experiment, we have to make the process clear to avoid wasting too much time.

Is the following steps correct?

 1. Build a main server & LTSP server
 2. Configure PxE menu
 3. For the client machines, just boot from PxE and it will boot and run a diskless workstation.

Do we have to do anything to the client machines?

BTW, in the document https://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Documentation/Wheezy/Maintenance  "The server monitoring" section, the link https://www/munin is broken.

Thanks,
Franklin

On Wednesday 12 February 2014 16:25 Franklin Weng wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Recently we'd like to try skolelinux as a solution for computer
> classroom. We'll install a computer with main server + workstation +
> thin-client server profile first.  However, for the client machines, I
> didn't find an appropriate HOWTO at
> https://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/HowTo .   What should I do for the
> client machines?  Is there a document describing how to build up the
> whole environment of a school with skolelinux?
>
> Thanks for your help.
>

> Franklin

Hi Franklin,

please take a look at
https://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Documentation/Wheezy/HowTo/NetworkClients

And maybe you would like to read the whole manual at
https://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Documentation/Wheezy

Greetings
Jürgen Leibner