Root+Application server

 I have a query regarding application server. I am able to install
Skolelinux with all default options on machine1 and now for
application server installation: I am trying to boot machine2 from
Machine1.(for application server installation)

For Application server Do I have to chose install option as i386
kernal (kde) while booting?

And which options I need to select for Application server?(LTSP
server, Standalone server etc)

If my machine2 is unable to PXE boot from machine1 can I install
Skolelinux on machine2 for application server purpose using pendrive
or CD?
--

Thanks
Arshpreet Singh