Re: Jessie RWS vs Wheezy tjener

[Petter Reinholdtsen]
> There seem to be something wrong with the firmware handling at the
> moment, affecting real hardware.  I very much welcome help figuring out
> why /usr/sbin/debian-edu-hwsetup and
> /usr/share/debian-edu-config/tools/auto-addfirmware is not working as it
> should during installation.  It work for b43, but not for a laptop
> needing firmware-iwlwifi.  My goal is for this to work for both ISO and
> PXE installation out of the box, but I am unsure if I will manage to fix
> it in time.

I believe the firmware handling is fixed now.  The way we used to detect
missing firmware was no longer working, and is now rewritten to handle
the new setup.  I've moved the relevant code to the isenkram package,
and the hardware specific packages are now installed by tasksel in both
ISO and PXE installations.  In addition the debian-edu-hwsetup also call
the isenkram package to install firmware, in case the tasksel code did
not work.

Please test the latest version and let us know if the roaming
workstation is working for you too?

I still have not seen the df problem you experience, so please provide
more details there.

--
Happy hacking