can't log in after a certain time
- To: debian-edu <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: can't log in after a certain time
- From: Nigel Barker <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2014 17:49:18 +0900
- Message-id: <CADLSRd4kWVoX4mn=YgMVzaB-RXOB6ZrneXb3+uRLFd1G4_fJeQ@mail.gmail.com>
I'm sure I read about this somewhere, but I can't find it now.
I have set up a few new computers by cloning one of the old ones
(which always work). Also, (and I'm not sure why I decided this was
necessary) I switched the kernel from 686pae to amd64, but still
Because of a sound problem, I had to install alsa from source. Those
are the only two changes since cloning the old machine: amd64 instead
of 686, and upgraded alsa.
These new computers are unable to login after a time (20 minutes?
under an hour anyway), but if I reboot them, they work again for a
Where shall I look for the problem?