Debian packaging of OpenBoard

Hi Claudio Valerio,

i am Andrea Colangelo, a Debian Developer, member of the Debian-Edu
Team, and interested in the packaging of sankore. I have CC'ed the
mailing list of Debian-Edu and the mailing list of WiildOS, an italian
education-oriented distribution based on Ubuntu I collaborate it, which is
greatly interested in your software, please keep them CC'ed in your reply.

I have seen that you forked sankore and released this brand new project
named OpenBoard. I have also noticed that the sankore github repo hasn't got
commits since 2 months. I would like to ask you if sankore development
is still in progress or has been abandoned.

In any case, OpenBoard seems extremely interesting to us and we would like to
give a look to its source code and evaluate the possibility to package
it. Is it available somewhere already?

Given the problems with non-free fonts who blocked the sankore packaging,
maybe OpenBoard will give us the chance to deliver a great piece of software
to our users without crappy legal issues. Actually I have seen that the .deb
package of OpenBoard is not shipping those non-free fonts, which sounds both
great and promising to me.

I hope we can start a good collaboration here, we are really interested in
packaging your software and give it all the love it needs to be in great
shape in Debian (and Ubuntu and other derivatives as well).

Looking forward to hear from you,
Andrea.

--
Andrea Colangelo                      |   http://andreacolangelo.com