Re: Migrating from Squeeze to Wheezy?

On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 10:22:43AM +0200, Holger Levsen wrote:

> On Montag, 29. Juli 2013, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> > At home I got a Debian Edu Squeeze main server + thin client server,
> > and I plan to migrate my setup to a new Wheezy based server.  In the
> > process, I plan to write some migration scripts and put them in the
> > debian-edu-config package and would like to get feedback on what it
> > is important to migrate.

There are changed / enhanced LDAP entries related to GOsa changes and
the gosa.conf version in Squeeze isn't compatible with the one in
Wheezy. Updating LDAP and gosa.conf (keep existing passwords) would be
the hardest and most important jobs to get done, I guess.

LTSP has changed considerably, too. Don't know how much problems an
update might produce, but updating LTSP would also be important.

Wolfgang