Re: [debian-edu-commits] r81476 - branches/wheezy/debian-edu-artwork/debian

On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 09:56:25AM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [Wolfgang Schweer]
> > RTFM: Using this as postinst seems to be the correct approach. No
> > problem to install d-e-a first, then gdm3.
>
> Great to hear that it is working.  But this look quite like the code I
> inserted, except that it uses the recent invention
> dpkg-maintscript-helper instead of doing it manually.  How strange.

Yes, should be pretty much the same code. Nevertheless, I tried it the
other way. Really weird.

> Does it now work to install d-e-a from testing, upgrade it and then
> gdm3?

On a test system: purged gdm3 and debian-edu-artwork.

Install d-e-a 0.0.33-3 (wheezy), upgrade to version 0.0.39-1 (sid),
upgrade to svn version, install gdm3. Works.

But you really don't want to see the gnome desktop :(

The schema.override stuff doesn't seem to work anymore, will look at it
later today.

Wolfgang