Re: tzdata problems etc

[Giorgio Pioda]
> Hi,

Hi.  Very glad to see your test report.  I'm collecting the lot in one
email to address your questions together, as some of them are related.

> after a fresh install with daily wheezy-test image NETINST iso...

Which installation choices did you select?

> The first login went ok, but after changing subnet the login
> was no more possible with the first user.

This was strange, and did not happen when I tested this.

> Kerberos was ok, kdm complained about K time zone.
>
> I fixed it running dpkg-reconfigure tzdata as root.

What was the exact message from kdm?  Was this on the main-server
after you booted after running the subnet-change script?

> I guess I have to add all the devices that are using fixed
> IP as netdevices to make an IP reservation (for
> example printers)
>
> Isn't it?

Yes, or add them as printer objects.  Either way should work fine.

> after a tjener install (daily NETINST iso amd64) and subnet change
> to /23 I modified the PXE boot to get automated gnome install on
> i386 profile.
>
> No idea if related to these modifications or not, but the squid
> is not populating during PXE install.

This seem like a bug, the same you discovered here:

> looking for the non populating squid, I noticed that in
> debian-edu-install.dat the lines
>
> d-i      mirror/http/proxy  string
> d-i       mirror/ftp/proxy   string
>
> are not showing the proxy address, just the string string.
>
> Is it correct?

It should list http://webcache:3128 as the proxy, and the setting is
done by debian-edu-pxeinstall.  This do not happen when I test it, but
I have seen it some times.  Can you tell us more about how you
installed the main-server in question?  What was the network
environment during installation and first boot?

What is the output from
"grep error: /var/log/installer/debian-edu-install-testsuite" on the
machine in question?

--
Happy hacking