Re: [debian-edu-commits] r81298 - in branches/wheezy/debian-edu-config: debian ldap-tools

[Wolfgang Schweer]
> Reason was that they didn't show up at all in the gui. (And I thought
> this had been my fault.)

That is strange.  They used to show up in the GUI earlier.

> So I guess, configuring the netdevices attributes like this might
> solve the problems. (Can't test it atm.)

Yeah, but I had a closer look and notice that earlier the automatically
registered machines did not get DHCP and DNS entries automatically.  So
the default did not really change, and I suggest we keep it like it is.

Perhaps we should stress in the documentation that the sysadmin is
expected to change the names and enable DHCP and DNS manually, and to
reboot the clients after this is done in Gosa?

--
Happy hacking