Re: Reduce the server load by asking firefox to not cache on disk

On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 09:32:15AM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [Klaus Knopper]
> > Now that you mention it... The package contains a single shell
> > script, "source included", however, in case you really want to
> > rebuild the .deb, I uploaded the source to the same directory.
>
> Great.  I imported it into our svn to make it easier to continue
> development.  Available as
> Why did you use a preinst instead of a postinst?  Adding the divert
> before the package is configured seem wrong to me.

Because, before the package can possibly install is own version of
/usr/lib/iceweasel/iceweasel, it has to move away the original file with
the same name. Apparently, preinst is correct for this, because postinst
would be too late.

> > Our package moves /usr/lib/iceweasel/iceweasel to
> > /usr/bin/iceweasel/iceweasel.real and replaces the original script
> > by an additional wrapper script. Which is "not the right way", as
> > one Debian maintainer noted, but it happened to make things a lot
> > easier for support in our project.
>
> Well, it do not seem to wrong either. :)

Ask Jonas. ;-)

> But it need some adjustment to work properly with Debian Edu.  For
> example we use libpam-tmpdir, so it need to use $TMPDIR instead of
> hardcoding /tmp/.

Maybe
ICETMP="${TMPDIR:-/tmp}"
to be on the safe side in case $TMPDIR is not set for some reason.

Regards
-Klaus