Re: PXE install fails

On Sun, Apr 28, 2013 at 09:56:11AM +0200, Giorgio Pioda wrote:

> I tried to install a client via PXE. Installer fails at the stage
> of choosing a mirror, claiming that there is no valid mirror,
> or that the network is not of sufficient quality.
>
> I also tried to go back and modify by hand network parameters, but also with
> hand typed parameters the error emerges again.
>
> I guess it has to do with the fact that squid is never been called in work,
> even in the previous installation via client.
>
> (Some problems with proxy setup in the preseed.cfg ?)

Yes. Due to the false setting 'direct: //' in /etc/environment the
pxeinstaller puts this into the preseeding file.

To fix it, you might execute:

1) /usr/share/debian-edu-config/tools/update-proxy-from-wpad

(this should update /etc/environment)

2) debian-edu-pxeinstall

(this should update the preseed file)

Wolfgang