Re: Install bug/message

Note, we only show the detected errors when installing using the ISOs
generated by the test builds.  It is not done for the final ISOs, and
thus only our developers and alpha and beta testers will see it.

[Holger Levsen]
> I'm not sure it's useful to display this at all. The manual will
> always need work, so.

Well, it would be useful if it triggered someone to have yet another
look at the manual, as they are reminded about it when they do a test
installation.  I am not sure how to measure if that actually happened.
I know for myself that every time I see the message I get an urge to
help with the manual text, but it would be useful to learn if it
happens to others too.

> And then, should we want to keep it, maybe it would be better to
> refer to /usr/share/doc/debian-edu/README (and explain the FIXMEs
> there) than to that URL, which does not explain the FIXMEs at all.

What would be the advantage of sending contributors there instead
directly to the wiki?  I agree that we should have a better page to
send those wanting to work on FIXMEs, though.

> But really, I'm mostly concerned whether to display those kind of
> problems there _at_ _all_, eg. we also don't ask for donations
> there, even though lack of money is a problem.

But it is a very good idea to ask for donations, both from testers,
but particularly from those using the final images.  Where should we
show the link to

--
Happy Hacking