Re: Disk out of space in /var while installing Terminal Server profile

On Thursday 19 September 2013 23:24 Mike Gabriel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just tried to install a terminal server + workstation profile (beta2
> wheezy, of course, desktop=xfce) and the LTSP builder failed with APT
> panicing of running out of space on /var/cache/apt/archive.
>
> What happens is that APT checks what would be installed (many packages
> are listed) and what it needs to download for that (I used the PXE
> based installation method for the installation) and that it then
> thinks /var(/cache/apt/archive) is too small for all those .deb files
> to be downloaded. As debian-edu-fsautoresizetab takes care of this in
> the background, we probably should teach APT to ignore its own disk
> space calculations.
>
> Any idea on this? I guess this problem might also occur during
> installation from the CDNetinst installer. Only the DVD/USB iso
> provides enough packages that this message might not occur. But these
> last sentences are pure speculations.
>
> Mike

Doing a testinstall of the terminalserver profile on virtualbox today with
the 7.1+edu0 cd image, I ran into the same problem.

My logs are here:
http://user.skolelinux.org/~jever/DebianEdu/testinstalls/2013/2013-10-04_12-15-
terminalserver-amd64-wheezy-7.1+edu0-cd/

I hope that helps somehow ...

Greetings
Jürgen Leibner