Re: upgrade to 7.1 and migrating users

Petter Reinholdtsen a écrit, le 30/09/2013 22:39:
[Samuel Krempp]
Are there tools, or documented pointers I should read to improve the
odds of a trouble-free process ?

I've started on a tool in svn,
debian-edu-config/share/debian-edu-config/tools/ldap-migrate-squeeze-wheezy,
but have not had time to complete it.  It start with the slapcat
output from the squeeze tjener and the wheezy tjener, and try to
generate a ldiff file to add the users and groups from squeeze into
wheezy.

But not yet. :)

great news anyhow !
Do you know if this process can keep user id numbers, or should I start writing some script to reassign old folders to new uids ?

-- Samuel