Include a backport of the Geode X driver in Debian Edu Wheezy? (Was: Second beta release (beta 1) of Debian Edu/Skolelinux based on Debian Wheezy)

[Martin-Éric Racine]
> Hi Pere!
>
> You might wanna use the verson of the Geode X driver that is in
> Testing with this. It was meant to go into Wheezy but due to the
> impossibly long freeze, it didn't. It fixes several rendering issues
> that the current Geode driver mismanages.

This is better discussed on the mailing list
(debian-edu@lists.debian.org).  Moving it there.

What will change if we use the version in Testing/Jessie instead of
the one in Wheezy?

I will not be able to maintain any more packages myself, so it would
at least depend on someone stepping up to security patch the package
for the life time of Debian Edu Wheezy.

--
Happy hacking