Re: GOsa connection failure

[Siegfried]
> Hi @ all.
>
> Yesterday I upgrated via Synaptic debian-edu-config and debian-edu-config-
> gosa-netgroups.

If you did, I suspect you are using the wheezy-test based installation
and not the beta0 based installation.  Is that correct?

I further guess you said 'yes' to upgrading gosa.conf?  It was a
mistake.  Unfortunately, both 'no' and 'yes' is the wrong answer,
because of the way gosa handle the LDAP password. :(

We have not yet figured out a good way to handle this yet (expect a
complete reinstallation), which is part of the reason we have not
pushed that fix to the beta0 users.

> Now, when logging into GOsa I get following error:
>
> -------------------------
> Schwerer Fehler
> Fehler beim Verbinden mit dem LDAP-Server: Could not bind to cn=gosa-
> admin.ou=ldap-access,dc=skole,dc=skolelinux,dc=no (während der Arbeit auf
> LDAP-Server 'ldap://ldap.intern')
>
> Bitte beheben Sie obigen Fehler und laden die Seite neu.
> -------------------------
>
> Any idea how to solve this connection problem?

Yes.  Use the 'git' copy of gosa.conf to revert to the old version
with your LDAP password intact.  Then edit the file as described in
Next, all your users need to change the password to make sure their
samba password isn't the empty string. :(

Sorry for the mess.  We hoped beta0 would be automatically upgradable
to the final release, but at the moment we seem to fail making that
happen. :(

--
Happy hacking