Re: Help enabling the artwork for KDE, Gnome, LXDE and XFCE in Debian Edu

On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 03:33:00PM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

> The debian-edu-artwork package is responsible for activating our artwork
> in Grub, the display manager and the desktop wallpaper.
>
> But a lot has changed since Squeeze, and it isn't working as it should
> any more.
>
> Do you know how to set/change the background image in KDE, Gnome, LXDe
> or XFCE, please help us get the setup of debian-edu-artwork right.
>
> This is the current status:
>
>        | grub  | *dm   | desktop |
>  KDE   |  OK   |  OK   |  Wrong  |
>  Gnome |  OK   |  OK   |  Wrong  |
>  LXDE  |  OK   | Wrong |  Wrong  |
>  XFCE  |  OK   | WRong |  Wrong  |
>
> LXDE and XFCE uses lightdm.  Gnome uses gdm3 and KDE uses kdm.  So we
> need to figure out how to change the wallpaper of lightdm to fix the
> center column.

By default lightdm uses /usr/share/images/login-background.svg as
background for the greeter.

login-background.svg could be diverted and be replaced with
debian-edu-wallpaper01_1600x1200.png (in the same directory), I guess.
An svg file would be better, though.

Wolfgang