Re: [debian-edu-commits] r80189 - in branches/wheezy/debian-edu-config/debian: . po
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: [debian-edu-commits] r80189 - in branches/wheezy/debian-edu-config/debian: . po
- From: Petter Reinholdtsen <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2013 22:15:47 +0200
- Message-id: <20130605201547.GU11674@ulrik.uio.no>
- In-reply-to: <20130605200756.GA4333@schweer-online.local>
- References: <E1Uf8vO-0000e4-Kx@vasks.debian.org> <20130605200756.GA4333@schweer-online.local>
> I'm wondering why these questions should be translatable. Where do
> they show up? Isn't that for internal use only?
No idea. Suspect you are right.
> Don't know if it was the case before, but now the root password entered
> during installation is visible in /var/cache/debconf/templates.dat and
> /var/cache/debconf/templates.dat-old (as KDC and LDAP passwords).
That is very strange. The values are supposed to be wiped out at the
end of the installation, and their type 'password' which is handled
specially by debconf and not stored in the "public" database.