Re: Add armhf architecture to our APT source for Raspberry Pi users?

[Jonas Smedegaard]
> ...your last remark here indicates that you may want to include
> architecture-specific stuff later, which won't be so simple if you
> want to support Raspberry Pi.
>
> Not sure if you are already aware, but Raspbian, although branded as
> "armhf" is not same architecture as the Debian "armhf".

Right.  Did not know this, but given that the only "arch dependend"
packages we would build and put in our repository is the debian-edu
meta packages, CPU architecture will not matter to us.

So we could stick with the Debian definition of armhf and still get it
working with Raspbian.

> I find it frustrating how the Raspberry Pi project has chosen to
> label their code and promote it as Debian-compatible.

Sound like a recipe for lots of confusion, yes.

--
Happy hacking