Re: Analysis of failing Nagios ping check in Wheezy

[Holger Levsen]
> option 2 seems best to me, esp. if it means we dont have to modify
> another package in wheezy.

It definitely have its advantages, yes.  But the problem with DNS
lookup of $(hostname) will still exist, but contained to the roaming
workstation profiles.  Any IPv6 enabled program trying to look up the
local hostname in DNS and connect to that IP address will fail.  It is
probably not many programs doing this, as it would make more sense to
look up 'localhost' instead of the local hostname value, but it is
hard to tell which programs might be affected.

Should we take the chance, while we wait for a working
libnss-myhostname?  I would be more happy with a backport of a fixed
package from unstable, than to make our own package without knowing
what will show up in unstable in the future.

--
Happy hacking