Re: NFS4 automount configuration

On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 06:29:38PM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [Giorgio Pioda]
> > So automount is not user based (and actually partition based)? Why?
>
> To avoid having to update /etc/exports and the autofs LDAP setup every
> time a new user is added.

Jes but using automount like this:

*	-fstype=nfs4,defaults	tjener:/somepath/home0/&

I would mount directories only after requesting them.

My question has to do with the neverending problem that teacher
may give some 755 rights on their home and pupils may would copy
out from there sensible data.

Restricting to home mounts would have the benefit that directories
would not be visible in filemanagers like nautilus...

Or alternatively, would be of benefit the split of teachers homedir from
the students homedir in separated partitions?

Regards

--
Giorgio Pioda - Sysadmin SPSE-Tenero
Cell +41 79 629 20 63