Re: [debian-lan-devel] samba support

[cc ... let's ask on the debian-edu list if they know more ... ]

Hi all,

we would like to implement something like 'roaming workstations' in
debian-lan.  Can someone give us some hints on how to do that best?
Is there any experience available with roaming workstations, do they
work sucessfully, or are there known problems?

On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 12:40:57AM +0200, Julien Lambot wrote:
> - pam-synccr
> >
> I ment libpam-ccreds, of course.
>
> I checked
> http://people.skolelinux.org/pere/blog/Caching_password__user_and_group_on_a_roaming_Debian_laptop.htmland
> sssd seems promising but I could not get libpam-mklocaluser to work
> and
> create the local home.
>
> So I will further test that whole stuff but isn't there anything already
> set up in skolelinux you heard of?

The Information I know about is:

    http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/debian-edu/trunk/src/eduroaming/debian/control?view=markup
    http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/debian-edu/trunk/src/debian-edu/tasks/roaming-workstation

and perhaps some modifications done by cfengine:

    http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/debian-edu/trunk/src/debian-edu-config/cf/

Any help and pointers or comments are appreciated!

Best regards,

     Andi