Re: help domain

Hi Maurizio,

I added a server 2008r2 just the other day. It should not be much difference to add a Windows 7 workstation. I will have to try that soon ;)

I first activated the administrator in samba (on tjener);
sudo smbpasswd -e Administrator

Then I downloaded the .reg file that you will find on tjener in
/etc/samba/netlogon/win7+samba_domain-membership/Win7_Samba3DomainMember.reg to the server and imported it into register. (right click and merge)

Of course, if you have a server, you will have to downgrade it first so it does not act as a pdc it self. That is not an issue with a workstation.

Then just right-click My Computer -> Preferences -> Advanced
In tab Name you click Change and fill in SKOLELINUX

I have not tried XP with Squeeze.

Maybe I missunderstand you?
You can read more at http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Windows7

Regards  /George