Control of lxde menu

Hi,

Its probably not the right forum, but I wonder if someone are using lxde in debian-edu and if so, if they have been able to find out a way to control the panel of the users.

My problem is we have many people that are not so good in computers, so in the past I used kiosktool to control the kde environment and to remove all the menu items (!). After that I had a tool developed by cendio systems where you can custom build menus according to group or user. I realize that I cant find that for lxde, but kde with our thin clients will not be usable. It is to slow. Lxde works very nice though.

Anyone using script to update menu in lxde? To me it seems natural in a school environment. Or someone that can point out some place to get more info. Ive found enough info about configuring the panel itself, but not the menus... It seems you have to edit entries one by one in /usr/share/applications
Are there not a better way?

Regards  /George