Re: Fujitsu Futro A230 no X

i Holger,

thanks for your advice.. I tried to edit the /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/lts.conf file and put this;

[00:90:DC:A3:60:7E]
    XSERVER = vesa

I even tried

[00:90:DC:A3:60:7E]
    XSERVER = vga
    X_COLOR_DEPTH=8
    X_MODE_0=800x600

But it does not seem to make any difference at all...

Problem is, in the documentation it says the file lts.conf should be in /var/lib/tftpboot/ltsp/i386/lts.conf but I didn't find any there, so I made a symlink to the one in /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/lts.conf just to be sure. Then I updated the image using ltsp-update-kernels followed by ltsp-update-image -a i386 but I dont see any change at all...

Taking away the "quiet" statement in /var/lib/tftpboot/ltsp/i386/pxelinux.cfg/default did have effect though, but it didnt help much because the client freezes when it is trying to start x so the screen gets blanked out and even though I added "SCREEN_02=shell" into lts.conf I cant get into any other shell once the client are froozen. But Im not sure the lts.conf makes any difference.. Because I tried even with XSERVER= vga and I guess at least it should give me some kind of desctop with that statement..

Do you have any idea why the lts.conf changes does not work? I have to be doing something wrong..

Regards   /George